How much does it cost to store your camper?

A place to discuss general camping plans & ideas.

Moderator: Trailblazer

How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby GrizzlyIT » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Just wondering if anyone pays to store their PU or TT or 5r? Actually trying to find out what it costs to store a trailer ... inside or outside, please let me know that too. And any other perks or restrictions for storage, like not LP bottles attached etc.

Thanks all!
2011 DODGE 1500 Bighorn 4x4 5.7l MDS VVT 4x4 crewcab
2004 DODGE DAKOTA 4x4 4.7l crewcab
2002 Coleman Bayside
DS 1992
ME 1960
Jasey the amazing 7 month old bark monster
Morgan the 5 month old stirrer of the kack
User avatar
GrizzlyIT
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby WGF3 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I used to store at Safe on 6 at $50 per month during the winter months. Now I have a better deal (free), but I have to take it to Tenton. It sits at home during the summer. [thumbs_up]
2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Laramie 4X4 Hemi
2004 Four Winds Classic 28BH-M5

Drive a Hybrid, I need your gas!
User avatar
WGF3
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Wellington County, ON

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby another_newfie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:10 pm

50 per month, cheaper if you pay more in advance.

Outside storage, double key carded gates, 24/7 access, blacktop, plowed in the winter, close to our place.

Standard restrictions apply.
2012 [ford] F-150HD
2014 [5er] Crusader 295RST
Haulin' heavy in the great white north.
User avatar
another_newfie
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9873
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Somewhere in Ontario

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby Wood_Fairy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 pm

That is pretty cheap compared to what I pay ..... I can leave the propane cylinders on and connected. No work can be done on the lot. None at all, it is strictly drop it and pick it up. Since the owner sort of likes me I guess, I can clean it and empty storage compartments and fill them back up etc. I have never seen anyone else do that though. Normal monthly rate is around 65 bucks a month plus HST of course. it changes depending on the length of the rig.

The ground is covered with some sort of stone, looks like limestone, not sure what it exactly is, but keeps the mice/rats away ... They obviously do not like walking over it. I dunno what keeps them away in winter though. I talked to a lot of owners and none of them had any vermin attacks on their rigs.

There are two doors, both locked. Winter access ends at 5 pm ... Summer it ends at 8 pm, starts at 8 am for all seasons.

Good luck with your search ...

WGF3 wrote:I used to store at Safe on 6 at $50 per month during the winter months. Now I have a better deal (free), but I have to take it to Tenton. It sits at home during the summer. [thumbs_up]
User avatar
Wood_Fairy
 
Posts: 4271
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby Jayco Kid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Right now, free as we store it at my mom's house. We had a concrete pad made right by the house -- it can become a patio when we need to sell the house. However, we did store it the first year we had it at a storage place for $50 a month.
Jayco Kid
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Northern Ontario

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby shum » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 am

another_newfie wrote:50 per month, cheaper if you pay more in advance.

Outside storage, double key carded gates, 24/7 access, blacktop, plowed in the winter, close to our place.

Standard restrictions apply.



x2

As we're just 26' closed up ours was around $40. Love 24/7 access, lot's of room, big parking spaces but if you use your rig during the winter and have no 4x4 it can/is pretty slick on the right day especially after the sun goes down. Although they plow there is no sand or or traction aids used on the lot.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC PSD
2007 KZ Outdooorsman 2505 QSS-F
shum / SwingingBonnie DW / DS / DD
"don't panic" Douglas Adams
Ontario Provincial Parks Advocate
User avatar
shum
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10322
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 am
Location: Sector 001

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby Sean32 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am

$50 + GST / month. Locked and gated area. Covered storage is $90 +. We only store in the winter months, otherwise its on the driveway.
"Tighten it until it breaks, then back it off 1/4 turn" Oct 17/2010
User avatar
Sean32
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 pm
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby Marabeth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:01 pm

We have been getting quotes from all over the place. Cheapest we found was in Grimsby for $33 (no tax) but there is a waiting list :(
The other places in Burlington are CRAZY. Upwords to $150, and and extra $30 a month to have access to the cleaning bays (are you kidding me).

We are back at our old lot for $50 a month plus tax (and we had to pay a card reactivation fee even though our card still worked... don't get me started).
The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter, & is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth & dryness. Henry David Thoreau
User avatar
Marabeth
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 am

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby GoinKZ » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Marabeth wrote:We have been getting quotes from all over the place. Cheapest we found was in Grimsby for $33 (no tax) but there is a waiting list :(
The other places in Burlington are CRAZY. Upwords to $150, and and extra $30 a month to have access to the cleaning bays (are you kidding me).

We are back at our old lot for $50 a month plus tax (and we had to pay a card reactivation fee even though our card still worked... don't get me started).


would have been simple to have the restoration contractor make you a gate.....Just Sayin' ;)

I store at home, N/C to me and makes a nice privacy fence to my a##hole neighbours. ;)
GoinKZ
 
Posts: 19008
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:15 pm
Location: Niagara Region, Ontario.

Re: How much does it cost to store your camper?

Postby Marabeth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:12 pm

GoinKZ wrote:
Marabeth wrote:We have been getting quotes from all over the place. Cheapest we found was in Grimsby for $33 (no tax) but there is a waiting list :(
The other places in Burlington are CRAZY. Upwords to $150, and and extra $30 a month to have access to the cleaning bays (are you kidding me).

We are back at our old lot for $50 a month plus tax (and we had to pay a card reactivation fee even though our card still worked... don't get me started).


would have been simple to have the restoration contractor make you a gate.....Just Sayin' ;)


OR the husband :lol: .... but eh he was/is dead set against it. I have tried everything in my powers to convince him that the backyard is best but he wants none of it. So back to the storage lot we went.

Good thing though we can bring it home before trips and just park it on the road. So I guess I still can prep for trips at home as if it was there all the time.
The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter, & is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth & dryness. Henry David Thoreau
User avatar
Marabeth
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 am

Next

Return to Camping (General Discussion Area)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest